Helpful Resources for Busy Entrepreneurs
Introducing the "Online Business Series For Smarties©
If you’re fed up with paying top dollar for marketing information that seems little more than a promotional mailer, you’re ready for the Smarties series of ebooks and tutorials!
Concise Strategies to Help You Prosper Online
The best advice for start up entrepreneurs on this entire 400 page website is this: "Once you’ve made a profit, poor it back into your business and your education. Learners are earners!"
But when your business is online, that ‘education’ can rob your entire online income for the first three years with all the $97 ebooks and $497 packages that call your name in the moonlight hours, "You NEED this to succeed online! Click here to order…"
It’s frustrating. It can be disheartening. You feel like you’re not being told the entire story. That even though you just paid this week’s grocery money on the latest info product – you still feel something’s missing.
I remember those feelings and it was a horrible place to be.
When I first started out online I knew I wanted those ‘secret strategies’ but money was tight. I poured over the sales letters, reading every word of my top six picks determined to just pick one, learn from it, apply the strategies and when I’d earned enough from that strategy, I’d buy the next one on my list.
But ebook about ebook failed to deliver the goods…
The rest of the story is the same as so many other’s accounts of spending thousands and getting no where.
If you’ve been caught in this cycle you’re probably wondering if all ‘make money online’ products are nothing but hot air…
The answer is "not all".
There are plenty of high quality info products written by top notch business people who are selling fantastic tutorials and step by step strategies for entrepreneurs. Unfortunately you have to wade through a lot of junk, written by people who don’t have a clue how to teach anything to anyone.
The strategies they’re trying to convey might have worked for their business, but without a clue how to teach others, they end up making their millions on the backs of start up entrepreneurs, frustrating their readers and giving the internet marketing industry a bad reputation.
The other side of this is that no one teacher is right for every student.
I saw this far too often in the first set of ebooks authored. Some customers would write and ask for help because the strategies were too difficult for an online newbie – others would write to brainstorm and glean advanced strategies because the content was too remedial.
The way I see it, the industry has to change to suit the market:
- ebooks and home study courses should be priced on a scale that directly relates to the cost to create and the potential to benefit the reader,
- strategies should be written, explained and mapped out by people who have succeeded with those strategies and who actually know how to convey an idea (without missing any key points), and
- authors, especially ebook authors, need to be ‘at the ready’ to listen and respond to their reader’s questions, then update the ebook’s content as often as required to minimize the frustration of future customers.
Am I pipe-dreaming? Perhaps. Will the internet marketing crowd change to suit the needs of their market? Probably not.
But I know I can make a difference.
Hence, the birth of the "For Smarties" series…
- Public Domain Profits for Smarties. Now that you know the mission, click here to learn about using public domain to launch your career, create website content or make money selling ebooks.
- Netpreneur’s Guide to IdeaStorming for Smarties. ‘Average’ just doesn’t cut it anymore. Learn how to be creative, have innovative thoughts and product ideas and tying it all in with an understanding of what’s hot right now.